99.9% QUESTIONS ALREADY HAVE WELL RESEARCHED ANSWERS
We do not allow copy and paste-like most forums are known for. Our posts are unique and all member must abide with this rule or get kicked out!!!
Foskaay Services: SEO, Web/Blog Design, Digital Marketing & also offer Training call/Whatsapp +234-7066-052228
Open Heavens Daily Devotionals 23rd February 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SUNDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 2020
THEME: REWARD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
READ: Psalm 37:16-27
37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
37:19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
37:21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
37:27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
An old man who had walked with God wrote the verse above. You could tell he had seen a lot in his lifetime. However, he had never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging for bread. This is good news - there are immense benefits in our sacrifice of righteousness.
You must know that righteousness benefits you and not God. Likewise, if you want to live a life of sin, it is you who will pay for it, not Him. Staying away from sin is for your own good. What are some of the rewards of righteousness?
1. No matter the kind of trouble a righteous person faces, it will never overcome him/her. The righteous will never be moved. No matter how great the storm, when it is over, he/she will still be standing (Psalm 55:22).
2. The righteous is always ahead of everyone else because he/she knows God's secrets (Proverbs 3:22). James 5:16 says it is the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous that avails much. Thus, it is the prayers of the upright that are answered.
3. Blessings are also transferred to the seed of the righteous. Psalm 112:2 says that the seed of the upright will be mighty. I have always said that my children - biological and spiritual will be greater than I. This is because I know that if I live righteously and convince my children to do so too, the matter is settled. If God makes your children great, you will reap the benefits while you are alive, and when you are gone, your name will remain relevant. At least for the sake of your children, live holy.
Isaiah 3:10 says it will be well with the righteous and they shall reap the fruit of their doings. It pays to be upright; I am determined that as long as I live, holiness will be my lifestyle. Have you made that decision also?
Father, help me to live a righteous life all through the rest of life here on earth in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE
1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
I can help handle Web design, Digital Marketing, grow real followers on social media, whiteboard animation, crypto investments, blog and also offer TRAINING in all above mentioned and make money online guides.